Thursday, April 3, 2008

I should be drawing now, but...






I was in Barnes and Noble to pick up some Bristol Board, and :::kiss of death::: stopped by the magazines and picked up a Teen Vogue.

I usually look around me twice before picking up a magazine with the word "teen" in it, especially when it's the prom issue. But I happened upon their prom issue from last year and was very impressed with the complete absence of anything Jessica McClintock. This month's issue is no different, and though very few if any girls will stray from the formula on prom night, the options they provide are beautiful, inspiring, and teenaged in the most tasteful, whimsical way. It is so refreshing to see prom presented in a carefree, sporty mood devoid of spray tans, overly-styled 'dos and acrylics!

Check out the pastel sneakers and a metallic bomber paired with short dresses! I'm especially feeling the satin vest and tap shorts combo...


[photos scans of Teen Vogue]

2 comments:

Missa said...

Wow, these are so great! I'm especially loving that third one. I've been really into the pink and blue combo lately and I keep adding photos with balloons to my flickr favs. I think that pic pretty much sums up why. Thanks for sharing! :)

Anonymous said...

this is from TEEN vouge! holy moly... delightful images.