Monday, April 28, 2008

Weekend Warrioring

Ah, the weekend... Saturday, Chantal came over to model some of the goods for the store and it was such fun and she looked (and was) terrific!

I had never tried the dress below on, but when I saw it on Chantal I just had to! It perfectly fills the gap in my wardrobe where a semi-dressy, conservative item should be. I love the shape, and of course brown and navy are an irrepressibly classy combo. I've got a nice, "luggage brown" skinny belt to pair with this and the heels in the pic.

That evening, I visited my Cincinnati friends and folks. My friend Jenn, my Dad and I went thrifting Sunday morning in the vintage mecca that is the Village Thrift of Newport, KY. My Dad was so fun to try things out with! His favorite suggestion is a "sash".

I left with a few of the Seventeen magazines I have stashed in the parents' house from the mid 1990s, as well as one I have from 1982 (featuring a 19-year-old Whitney Houston's advice on dyeing your eyelashes)! Scans to come! I'm excited about the 1994 issues especially, featuring lots of terrific geek chic looks...




Here I am today, creepin' in my man's basement as I take flat measurements for the incoming dresses! Trench, mildly Mayim Bialik reminiscent blouse, and penny loafters are vintage and thrifted, the black skinny jeans are from Urban Outfitters.






[Mayim image via www.liberalbanana.blogspot.com]

1 comment:

Milla said...

"Blossom" had such amazing style! Those hats, those 90 dresses! It was all so good! Sigh...