Tuesday, July 1, 2008

How to Use a Parasol Without Looking Like a Gothic Lolita

Sometimes, the sun just gets to be too damn much. You can wear sunscreen, you can wear shades but there comes a time when you're dragging yourself across a good stretch of hot pavement and all you can do is curse the city planner who never heard of planting a tree.

The obvious solution would be a parasol, but unless I'm in a period play (or Japan maybe), I'm not doin' it. Unless, of course, you are speaking of the Parashell. Like, wo.

Blouse: Zac Posen. Cigarette Pants: Dior. Teddy Necklace, Earrings: Dior. Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell.


Check out the interview with the designer at Pingmag!


[images via vernacularphotography.com, oaknyc.com, pingmag.jp, eluxury.com]

9 comments:

Eyeliah said...

well they sure used the cutest girl in their interview to make me want one. But i am still partial to the wide brimmed hat.

bestie said...

haha. i know what you mean! as cute as they are, parasols are difficult to pull off. i like what you did with the outfit, the shoes are particularly awesome.

and i want a parashell..!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I love all the quirky touches--I would adore that necklace and shoes. The parasol is awesome too and I definitely don't want to look like a Lolita!

Always In Style said...

Very cute...love the top and shoes, and the parasol isn't bad either.

ELM said...

Thanks for the comments!
Hailey-- I love those too, so movie star-ish, wish I could find one that is proportional to me (I often feel like I look like a mushroom)!

Bestie: Thanks!... and me too! I didn't find out how much they were though...

the_clothes_horse: Thanks! I really want that necklace as well... I think the real thing is only $150 or so, but I might see if girlprops has anything similar.

always_in_style: thanks, chica! Maybe I can singlehandedly start a parasol revolution?

Richel said...

as a child I carried around a lady bug parasol everywhere. My mom began using one and she hardly has wrinkles, but then it's hard to make them look normal!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I WISH I could rock a parasol. I'm still struggling to work my enormous floppy sunhat ...

Thanks for stopping by, lady! I'd love to trade links - you're in my blogroll now.

ELM said...

ragamala: I used one once, but it was an actual umbrella. I died a little that day.

sal: I'm thinking the only solution is to make portable clouds. And I've got you too! See you soon!

Americus said...

The designer is a good friend of mine. Here's his site.
http://www.ddi-parashell.com/en/

He ships to West:))))