Wednesday, July 30, 2008

3 New Things.

A new camera from my Baybeh...

Dress, belt, vintage Etienne Aigners: thrifted.


A new tripod from China...


Clingiest Tee I know: UO, Jeans: re-sale shop, Shoes: Etienne Aigner, thrifted, Scarf: thrifted.

It kicks so much ass. I got mine on Ebay for $2.50, but you can also find them at Urban Outfitters (they're called Gorilla Pods). Its feet are flexible enough to wrap around rails, banisters and tree branches, so you don't have to set it on a flat surface.

And the third new thing...


...A new cat!


Cat: thrifted.

My fiance and I decided we needed to see if we could keep something alive together, so we've been casually sussing out some cats over the last few weekends. We stopped by the Humane Society this weekend. She was maybe the third cat I saw, and I knew she was the one!

After panicking my way through a variety of pet-related disasters (I would prove to be wildly allergic and have to give her back; we would grow to resent eachother and she would start randomly peeing on things in the house like my friends' cat; she would destroy my clothes with her claws because I don't have a closet and they hang, rather curtain-like, from a clothes rack)... I decided to just go ahead and spring for it, because...

Check it out: She has one blue eye and one gold. I couldn't get her to look into my camera, so here's a photo from the shelter's website:


Babykins. Yeah. I know. Well I can't say that what I'm calling her right now, Kittytimes, is much of an improvement! We were thinking about Bowie on account of her eyes, but she is really a rather feminine cat, so we're also playing with Stella or Estelle for the names' Bowie-like cosmic connotations.

Any other suggestions? I'm usually pretty good at this, but Kittytimes has looks which foil attempts to name her...

.

8 comments:

Kristin said...

That is so effing weird! I have a bunny that I call Babykins or Bunnytimes! I think we're some sort of weird pet-name twins.

Amber said...

Oh man I totally want a tripod that will wrap around things! Tripods are just fabulous things and yeah for you getting a cat from the Humane society! I'm all for giving animals a loving and needed home. That's where we got ours.

ChristaB said...

I saw the picture and thought Bowie and then I read it. A Bowie related name must be in the stars. What about a Bowie song?

An obvious could be Cat in honor of Cat People. But the man's written so many songs, surely one of them must fit!

L.I.N said...

you look soo good in that shade of blue. and oh. that cat is pretty and lucky to have a loving home!

Anonymous said...

HURRAH FOR NEW FELINE FRIENDS!!! She is simply lovely, as you well know. How about Ziggy? Or Lady Stardust? Liza Jane? Here, you pick: http://www.teenagewildlife.com/music/alpha/

Eyeliah said...

She is cute - I would go with Boss :-) As soon as I saw her that's what I thought.

ELM said...

Thanks for all of your suggestions! Kittytimes is now easing into her official name: Bowie Estelle.

Acy said...

awesome cat! he/she has heterochromia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heterochromia).