Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!



Patriotism is out of style and it has been since the Vietnam War. But I still get excited about the Fourth of July, and break out all my red, white and blue. You don't have to buy into the politics that were bought for us or support the initiatives --or forgive the ignorance-- of our government to love the country.

I simply appreciate having a day reserved to truly appreciate the big and small things that make life great where I live.

I'm making Watergate Salad, candied sweet potatoes and corn pudding for a cookout tonight attended by my Sweetness and some fun, funny people followed by fireworks and debauchery and all things considered, it'll be a damn fine day.

Happy Fourth of July! I hope your day is filled with food, folks and fun.


.

6 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Same to you! Love that bag.

L.I.N said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L.I.N said...

that bag makes me go "mmm i like".

Miss White said...

Super photo! I really love your bag too.

ELM said...

Thanks everybody! The bag is from the 60's and comes from this sick vintage store where everything is not only fantastic but less than $30. The candy-colored 60's lingerie is the best.

Anonymous said...

ha! i have those shoes...

-Candace