Monday, June 30, 2008

As Seen On...

Thankfully I was bright eyed and bushy tailed by the time Comfest and all its attendant parties rolled around this weekend. I caught up with this specimen of grayscale cuteness Friday night.


Eeek! I just want to sit next to her in art class and ask her if she looked at Boingboing last night...


Kara. Neil Avenue.

I loved the easy elegance of her jersey separates, made work-worthy with flashy sandals and substantial bag.


Suzi and John. High Street.

The owners/operators of Collier West (highlights: bauble-encrusted ice-bucket, gigantic horn chandeliers and a serving tray upholstered in cowhair complete with horn handles) made for the cutest summer-in-the-city pair. Suzi on her look: "Whenever I lose sight of myself, stylistically, I go right back to a white tee and jeans. I could wear it for six months, however long it takes until I'm ready to go in a new direction." I loved how she added interest with her wrapped sandals and eclectic jewelry. On her store: "People are either rock stars or movie stars. This is a store for rock stars."


Dress: vintage, thrifted, altered. Vest: H&M. Gladiator jellies: Old Navy. Earrings: Rag-o-rama.

Yours truly, Friday night. In summer, I could practically live in a long black dress. Breezy and elegant without being bohemian (save for my choice in vest).

What's one outfit you could (or do) live in all summer long?

.

5 comments:

a cat of impossible colour said...

So cute! And it looks like an achievable look, too ... has given me some good ideas :)

You are officially linked! :D Thanks for your comment.

Hailey @ stylesymmetry.com said...

maxi dress!

LazyTcrochet said...

I got a vintage nightgown in time to celebrate our anniversary. It is so luxuriously comfortable that, if it weren't see-through at the top, I would wear it around the house always! Love your street fashion finds!

Spandexpony said...

a_cat_of_impossible_colour: Awesome! I comment whenever and however I can! Thanks in turn!

Hailey: Ah-ha! 2 points for the maxi dress!

Lazytcrochet: Thank you! I might suggest layering it over a long simple dress, of the type that Victoria's Secret sells that have shelf bras.

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.