Thursday, July 17, 2008

Contest Time!!

I've been wanting to do a contest for awhile, and now the opportunity presents itself!

First, check out my new shoe obsession, the "Silhouette" flats by those heretofore producers of fug shoes, Camper (found 'em at Nordstrom).



Sigh!


I'm calling on you, dear readers, to construct a Polyvore, Photoshop Collage or other visual representation of how to rock these gorgeous flats! You can either link your Polyvore in the comments, or send your collages to spandexpony@gmail.com.

The winner gets a tidy wee box containing some very pretty little mystery vintage things! Contest ends at Midnight, August 1st!

.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Duuuuude, don't be raggin' on Camper. Sure, they might occasionally create shoes that look as if homeless space clowns should be wearing them! But their Twins line has some of the most adorable and creative pairs around. I'm wearing Campers today, in fact. TELL me these aren't adorable. http://www.6pm.com/n/p/p/7231872/c/82.html

Missa said...

What a fun contest idea! I've never tried polyvore before as I'm afraid I'll get addicted if I do but this might be a good excuse to try it out! Love those shoes :)

ELM said...

Sal-- you're absolutely right! I love the different city scenes on some of those "twins" shoes as well. Raggin' on Camper shall immediately cease. ;)

Missa-- If I had an office job, Polyvore would be my Solitaire. Good luck!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I've never created a Polyvore, but now I want to try!

ChristaB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ChristaB said...

I love em!

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=2452193

jessiepink said...

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=2452756

here's my first polyvore creation around these great shoes!

wow! can't believe it's taken me this long to find polyvore! just spent a good two hours faffing around on it. fun fun fun!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

Ha-ha, NO! I HATE scary movies. I got "It" as in the it-girl with Clara Bow. It's another silent film from the 1920s. The term it-girl originates with this movie and this actress.

NewYorkChique said...

the shoes are so cute!

ELM said...

Rebecca-- whew! I was expecting to see you in a stripey jumpsuit and curly orange wig next!

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

Hi, I did a "link to this post" below, but I think I messed it up somehow. Oops, anyway, here is a related post on my newish blog, and here is my Polyvore set. Thanks!