Sunday, July 13, 2008

Selma Blair.

When I think of women who can really pull off black, I think of Selma Blair. Selma has long been a style icon for me, principally for her bitchin' short hairdos. Secondly, however, she is one of the few who can wear black without it seeming like a safe, color-fearing fall-back.




Well, it's more white than it is black, but it is giving me a fashion contact high just looking at it!


Lace is always best when abbreviated.


Demure, and prevented from being funereal by virtue of the playful pumps.


Ow! My fashion hurts!

[images via style.com]

4 comments:

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I like the way she dresses as well. I think black is so classic, I've been meaning to add more to my wardrobe.

Anonymous said...

I'm a recent convert to the Cult of Selma. It still irks me that she scowls in half her photos, but the girl really can rock the black garb.

L.I.N said...

she certainly knows how to dress well. that second picture of her is superbly pretty.

ELM said...

Rebecca-- I think my black loathing started when I had a friend who was rather uncreative and profuse with it, followed by working at Macy's and having to wear all black. Did you know that at the turn of the century, there was a movement by the upper class to keep the serving class in all black? But now, I'm starting to see its possibilities, provided great shape and texture are present.

Sal-- have to agree on that one... she is a bit of a bobble head as well, but as long as that head has a great haircut...! hehe!

Eleh-- I wish I could just jump in there and grab that dress, too!