Sunday, February 24, 2008

Thrifty McThriftersons



Had a most excellent thrift excursion today with ma boo... pictures to come but it's all gone to the laundromat for now. Most of what I came up with was housewares related; a vintage yellow colander, a creepy/cute Japanese bulldog statue from the 70's, a sweet, velvety textile with bears drinking water in the woods (I KNOW!), pictured.

The place was PACKED with beautiful, vintage aprons. That, and sassy, flat 80's boots (all in size 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 though, sigh) and vintage Adidas jackets. I know... I should start an Ebay store... well, if I find myself with a little more space and a little more time, it's on.

Here I am on the antiques portion of the afternoon, displaying a game of... um... a game of... oh, and my new, short (!) asymmetrical (if you can't tell) 'do, in my newly purchased coat, originally $380, paid $52. Oh, yahhh.....

No comments: