Monday, February 11, 2008

Style at the Grammys

My honeybun, R., and his roommates J. and N. and I all watched the Grammy's together, with our own respective laptops to distract from all the uninspired irrelevancy.

Congratulations to Amy Winehouse, for Most Ironic Album of the Year. Naw, naw, naw... I love her style, and her shirt-pocket tattoo, and I hope that she has many more musical milestones to live through.

The only one who really brrr-ought it, though, was Kanye, with his digital, glow-in-the-dark jacket and shaved "MAMA" on the back of his head. Rihanna looked cute with her pompadour and blue frilly minidress, but nothing out-of-control.

I did come away with one little bit of fashion inspiration: Chains laying on top of a buttoned-up shirt, preferably buttoned to the neck. Like, Hova said, "Need a nice chain layin' on this thousand dollar shirt!" In my case, it'll be a thousand-penny shirt. I feel an outfit coming on.

No comments: