Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Baby, can you get that rock for me?

I loved this picture of the most darlingly prim Marcine at first sight:


If you've never seen her before, she is an adorable little lady in the most vintage of ways! Check out her blog here.

That color! The perfect length! The off-beatly coordinating umbrella! The little shoes! Mwah! I wonder... is she into Pizzicato Five?



Shelving CD's today, I remembered that I was supposed to get into Pizzicato Five, but got distracted by Cibo Matto. When I perused the liner notes, this image startled me into exclaiming to my co-worker, "Hey! I know this girl who--- uh--- hmmm..." the story, like all stories that originate from the internet, quickly died on my lips. All I knew is that the girl from Pizzicato Five looks awesome and I had to see --and hear-- more.








And the sound is even better! Unless you hate all things good and right, there is no way you will not love P5's fun retro pop!


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm intrigued! Will investigate and report back.

madam0wl, a.k.a Sandra said...

Oh yes, Pizzicato Five fan here... but I only have the one "Made in the USA" album from '94 (my BFF & I used to play it at keg parties, ha ha). I'm sure the rest of their stuff is just as good but I've never gotten the urge to get more, that album is just perfect and nostalgic for me.

Anonymous said...

Such adorable photographs! Man, I absolutely must go umbrella shopping now! Thanks for sharing these!

Drew Majoulet said...

who are you????

Emma Sara said...

fancy umbrella! i had a brown one wiyh little orange flowers, but the wind broke it an year ago, and since then i've trying to buy another one but i can't find anything pretty:(

Kelly said...

the b&w photo with the awesome hat isn't Maki Nomiya, but Miho Moribayashi of hi-posi.

ELM said...

Kelly, good eye! I found the picture on a google image search for Maki, but that just goes to show, don't trust everything you find on the internet! ;D I'll add hi-posi to my "music to listen to" line up!