Monday, October 26, 2009

Entrepreneurons.

I have some pictures from this weekend, but my camera's getting a little wild and wooly with me so I'll settle for showing you today. For someone with so few dressy clothes, I sure can create quite a range of interview looks for myself these days. Gray. It's versatile.

Jacket: Macy's. Dress: Vintage, thrifted. Belt: thrifted. Tights: Target. Shoes: JC Penney.

I'm always fascinated by entrepreneurs, and I love to work for people who own their business. This one was a super upscale baby clothier-- I wish I'd taken a picture of the interior of the store, but it was all navy blue with natural wood and a giant, dark-colored chandelier right up front.

I rarely get a chance to wear these shoes, but I love them. Also, I got them at an end-of-season clearance at JC Penney for $6. Seriously!!!

One day, this girl's going to have her own brick and mortar. I already know what it's going to look like, what'll be sold, the music, the windows, everything... and I'm toying with a name pulled from an Elvis Costello song, so what's not to like? It'll probably take 5-10 years to get it going, but I've had an entrepreneurial spirit since I was little-- I used to try to rent out my bedroom to family members as a bed and breakfast!


This queer photo demonstrates about a billion things-- but most importantly, the chalkboard we just put up on the front of the house. For demonstration's sake, I put our house number on it (smart, Elissa) but our hope is that our friends who live in the neighborhood can leave messages on it for us if we're out, or we can draw some leaves on it for fall (as I did, faintly) or Ho Ho Ho's on it come December.

That disgraceful jack-o-lantern used to be a rather accurate likeness of my husband-to-be. To be in like.... 5 more days...!

Yours,

Elissa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just so long as you've got an online component to the shop so I can buy stuff from you. LOOOOVE those gray shoes, lady!

Eyeliah said...

cute outdoor chalkboard idea, I am also a big fan of grey - the best neutral.