Thursday, July 2, 2009

Long drives, noxious fumes.

I spent most of today driving around in the country for work, and chasing down a potential new opportunity. I also took some time out to make good on my promise to demonstrate exciting new frontiers in khaki-skirt wearing.


Shoes: Steve Madden. Skirt: Target. Shirt: Forever 21. Shades: vintage shop.

Unfortunately, a case of The Awkwards afflicted my shooting, and therefore my ability to properly demonstrate the awesome shape of this shirt, which is like a delicate, drapey, letter "A"-- longer on the sides and shorter in the center. I love it muchly.




The shades I picked up at a vintage store in town called Flower Child. It's operated by the guy that did the sets for "A Christmas Story". The original 1960's tag was still on them, and I love them for their mad-scientist/goggle properties and "squoval" shape.

Mmm... the sweet smell of biodiesel.

Metric, by the way, makes great driving music. Behold this video for "Help I'm Alive" which, while a fan video, is a particularly good one, appealing to my love of collage.



I'm positively chuffed by the number of entrants in The Contest! If you haven't yet entered, there's still 3 1/2 days left to enter this random drawing for an iPod Shuffle!

Good night and good luck,

Elissa.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can see the coolness of the shirt! And the coolness of the shades, well, that one's obvious.

We really are on the same wavelength musically, lady. I've been LOVING Metric ...

ELM said...

Sal: Woohoo! Success! Small steps... You have great taste in music Sal--- I always look forward to your Saturday night posts!