Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Dancing cheek to cheek.

Today marks the second ballroom dance lesson we've taken together. I've taken dance before, where I learned to love the tango, but my Sweets is brand new to it (but doing just lovely)! My father and brother are professional musicians; my father is a guitarist, and my brother, a violinist and together they're going to play a little snip from Carmen. I am so excited-- this, to me is the most romantic component of a wedding. Below is a clip from The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle that truly solidified my desire to tango:



That dress! So irrepressibly 1930's (as is the popularity of the Tango, and the theme of the wedding). And Fred's cummerbund! Can those please come back into style?

A chill's rushed in, and with it, my debut of The Leather Jacket, a fortuitous find at Marshall's for $19.99. Now, being leather and being $19.99, you might think it's a piece of PVC garbage (which I would think, too) but it is soft and pliable and chestnutty brown and smells nice, too. In fact, I consider it lucky-- I smashed the opposing foosball team 10-3 in it.

Cackling a victory cackle in Bomber: Marshall's. Blue Oxford: Target. Jeans: NY&Co. Flats: Etienne Aigner. Photo by Wanda_Petunia.


Tomorrow I get the keys to our new place, and I'm thinking I may as well drop on by with a few cans of paint and roll up my sleeves before we get all of the furniture in.

Yours,

Elissa.

2 comments:

Tania said...

Hi!,

I have bestowed an award on you! Come on by Lucky Canuck to accept and check it out: http://luckycanuck.blogspot.com/2009/09/someone-gave-me-award.html

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, excitingggggggg. Can't wait to see the new place.