Thursday, August 13, 2009

Workin it.

Today's outfit came to me on a whim. I'd been wanting to wear this high-waisted skirt, but it fit so closely that nothing could be tucked in. Similarly, I'd been wanting to wear this blouse that I thrifted for a cool fifty cents a while back. The nipped in waist shape made it seem like a natural tuckin-in candidate, but the length was too long to tuck in without looking bunchy. The two came together today and met their perfect mates.

Skirt: Macy's. Shoes: JC Penney. Blouse: thrifted. Belt: thrifted. Bag: Kohl's.

This outfit also has heralded a new sense of self possessedness. I've not talked about it at all on this blog (and won't much here, in fact, I'm saving it for Eyeliah's lovely invite for guest posts) but since the inception of this blog, I've gone from a size 2 to a size 8, the progression of which was spurred by a thyroid problem (yes, really) caused by a lifestyle of under-eating and extreme exercise. Although to many it's not a huge difference, for me it was (though I tried hard not to make it so). Only now am I starting to feel -- not just not negative, but pretty damned good about it. So much so that I really don't look forward to trying to lose weight to try and fit into my wedding dress that I bought a size too small. The things we do to ourselves.


So I spent all day feeling like a 1940's broad in my get-up today. I made a detour on the way to work to pick up a lady's laptop bag in red crocodile. I love it.

Earrings: k8kre8s on Etsy.

Here, a close-up of the clock-hand earrings I love so dear, and also some proof that the mosquitos were rampant in this part of the woods.

Future father-in-law is in town today, making a stop-over on his cross-country bike ride. He started in Washington state, and will end in Washington D.C. Although I already read his blog about it, I suspect we'll get an earful over dinner as well!

Til Later, Readers!

Yours,

Elissa.

4 comments:

You can call me Betty, or Bethany, or Beth ...Just don't call me late for dinner. said...

Excellent outfit. No wonder you felt good in it. I love the belt solution and the skirt!

Anonymous said...

Wow, I had no idea. Curious to hear more about your journey toward loving your gorgeous bod, my dear.

ELM said...

Bitterbetty: Thank you!
Sal: Oh no! Eyeliah's blog has disappeared! We'll see if it comes back up cuz I'd really like to stick that post there. To be continued...

Sandy Springs Small Engine Repair said...

Hi, thanks for posting this.