Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Back in Black

Typically, I'm a color-loving gal... up until recently, I never deigned to wear black. Why would anyone wear such a soul-sucking hue that says only, "I'm unhappy," "I want to be ignored", "Go away"? However, lately I feel black taking on new significance for me: simplicity, asceticism. This summer is full of simple dresses of an austere hue.


Wrap Dress: Ann Taylor. Shoes: Thrifted. Necklace: Sarah Coventry, Rte 127 Garage Sale.


Blacks call for big-time jewelry. I positively flipped out when I saw this necklace at the garage sale. The nice lady who sold it to me let it go for $5.


Today, I had a traveling, client-calling-upon day in the ninetiest of degrees. I said f-u to heels and wore some hard-working ballet flats, a dropwaist jersey dress and a swing blazer. While I felt rather sprightly all day (translation: nervously toggling the track ball on my phone), I came back to the camera pooped, precluding my power to pointedly portray my previous pluckiness.

Yawn. Blazer: Macy's. Dress: Ann Taylor, thrifted. Flats: Etienne Aigner.


Pockets. Lovin 'em once more.

This outfit's accompanying piece of big-ass jewelry is this amazing ring I found oh-so-cheaply at a local boutique I'd always assumed was expensive. Surprise! Everything is Modcloth-priced. Think you'll be seeing a few other things from there soon.


What else is new? I put a deposit down on some wedding flowers, and I'm currently scouring for The Shoes. I may need your input here. Also, a new contest is a-brewing!! Stay tuned, it is not to be missed!

Yours,

Elissa.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovin' the photos, beautiful. And COVETING that necklace! What a find.

emily said...

i love pockets on dresses and skirts... and that's suck a pretty ring!

Dania said...

Excellent photography.!! Personally, black dresses are my favorite too. That blazer from Macy's is looking beautiful with that dress.