Monday, August 31, 2009

Getting to know Janus quite well...

This year feels like I'm walking on vaseline. Making strides towards things, but slipping to the left, slipping to the right, slipping back to where I was. The number of things that have or are yet to begin and end this year are sheerly vast.


What's next, what's next? As huge companies get smaller and downsize diversity in terms of services offered and goods manufactured and sold, I become convinced that we're entering a new era, one of the entrepreneur. I see more small businesses popping up to fill the gaps corporations will leave behind.

Earrings: Urban Outfitters.


Necklace: KidViskous on Etsy.

Blazer: Thrifted. Dress: Forever 21. Shoes: Nine West.

My goal of becoming a fashion buyer has stalled this year, and being a Capricorn, I'm never one to rest. I keep climbing that vaseline-covered mountain. But I wonder if entrepreneurship is the way to move forward now? There's a million-and-one things I could do and do well, but really one thing I've really got my heart set on.

On the off-chance that an intrepid employer is perusing my blog, I have a resume full of things like management, buying, sales, and creative endeavors. I'm fluent in three languages and am familiar with NedGraphics, Photoshop, Final Cut Express and more.

On the more-than-likely chance that you are a friendly, knowledgeable and fabulous reader, I turn to you: what chances have you taken to get the job that you want? What avenue, traditional or no have you taken to get to where you want to be?

I'm excited to hear what you have to say!

Yours,

Elissa.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd be willing to bet that following the entrepreneurial track will lead you back to fashion buying eventually. Life has a way of bringing us 'round to what we're meant to do.

yiqin; said...

Ah the blazer + dress is awesome tgt.

Eyeliah said...

That first shot of you is so lovely, I am a Capricorn too so I completely know what you mean about the vaseline hill - just keep working at it and you will get there!

Sam said...

It is a very nice and informative post. Really thanks for this type of post.
Stylish Patio Canopy