Friday, August 21, 2009

The colour and the shape.

When I first spotted Gregoire Alexandre's portfolio a few days ago, I was gonna tweet it but thought it needed its own post. I love that his photos, while primarily fashion photography, are mostly about using fashion and models to create overall pleasing forms. This is a man who finds work in fashion photography, but whose first love is geometry.

I love this origami ice cave.

C'mon, anybody with a blog named like mine has naturally got to fall in love with anything pegasus/unicorn themed.


So many of his photos have this same stark, wintry quality that I adore.





Reminds me so much of Yokoo.


Tomorrow I go to help my maid-of-honor get a dress locked down, visit my Ma in the hospital and see some good old fashioned stand-up comedy, my number one favorite way to blow off some steam.

Yours,

Elissa.

Oh and PS to those of you who wondered about the contest berry concoction-- it tastes pretty good, actually. It doesn't stir perfectly, but the remains in the glass are like not-yet-set berry jello. Quite tasty indeed.

2 comments:

WendyB said...

That unicorn picture is fabulous.

ELM said...

Thanks Wendy! Thanks for visiting my universe!