Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for many things--- my health, my sweetay, my ability to access higher education, but most relevant to the blog, I'd say on a very basic level, I am thankful for being able to access the Internet. I think that the great many of us who do often forget there is an incredibly wide swath of people who don't or can't have access to the Internet. Having access to the visual, audio and intellectual resources that the Internet bears is a blessing, indeed. How many, many things would we be unaware of --for better (puppies!) or worse (goatsy), but usually better-- without it?

Speaking of blessings, I hope you all have abundant sweet potato casserole, a seat next to the relative that criticizes your tube dress/lace bib statement necklace outfit the least, and safe and happy travels!

Here to follow, for your palate-cleansing pleasure, a helping of travel-related music videos:





Alex and Zach, this one's for you:



Sadly, there's no video for this one (maybe this'll cue my first foray into making a one?), but it is a righteous sexy slow jam about planes, and you gotta hear it:

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!
I'm eating a burrito for lunch at work and I find this somewhat depressing but I'm going home early to a bird in the oven!!!

Thanks for including my necklace in your lace obsession collage!

:)

Eyeliah said...

Happy Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Here here! After nearly 5 days without access, I concur: I am deeply grateful for the Internet and all the amazing information, people, and ideas that it offers up readily and continually. Yippee!!