Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sketchy

I felt moved, on my way back from work, to scribble up a "Love x Machine Guns" tee-shirt. Click to enlarge.


I learned a lesson today-- I have two overhead projectors in the back of my car.  My Sweets and I won them at an auction for $4 apiece, and we have a plan to use them to project a sweet stencil onto the wall to trace.  Well, today, I parked my car in a nice, sunny lot and went to the bank.  I came back to my car and threw the literature they'd given me in the back seat, on top of one of the projectors.  Then I pounced off to the grocery to pick up some lint rollers, because I'm wearing a lot of black lately, and my cat is white... and sheds like she's got a deadline.

I came back to my car, and saw a guy with a puppy.  I thought, "Man-- I can't wait til it's summer. --sniff, sniff-- wow, somebody's roasting marshmallows or something, it smells delicious out here! --in here!!!"  I suddenly became aware that my car was completely filled with smoke.  I took a panicked inventory and saw a tasty little fire brewing in my backseat.  My first thought was that someone had broken into my car and started a fire in there, but no, my own laziness, an overhead projector and some solar serendipity worked together to create a little ambience in the back of my ride.

I grabbed the papers and threw them outside into a puddle, but geez-- if I'd spent more time in the magazine section contemplating Mariska Hargitay's supposed bikini fails then I might be looking up bus routes now.

Projectors.  Who knew?

Yours a la flambe,

Elissa.

3 comments:

LyddieGal said...

that is so crazy!! good thing you got to your car in time!

alya said...

Oh, goodness, that's crazy! So lucky you didn't spend a few extra minutes in the store...I will be sure to warn anybody I see loading a projector into their backseat in the future.

Delight Car Removal said...

Thanks for sharing. Wow, that was strange. I just wrote a really long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well, I'm not writing all that over again. Anyways, just wanted to say fantastic blog!
cash for old cars
cash for junk cars