Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Shingai Shoniwa.

I happily happened today upon The Noisettes and their super-beautiful, Grace Jones-times-Alix-styled lead, Shingai Shoniwa. She dons femme, futurist, rockabilly and ethnic styles with equal aplomb, and with damn fine hair to boot.


www.zimbio.com


via mademoiselle_robot on Flickr


www.zimbio.com

via http://fieldreport.freeflux.net/blog/music

...And, because the Noisettes are now permanent residents of my iTunes, check out their fabulous (though woefully un-embed-able) videos here:

Don't Upset The Rhythm


Don't Give Up



...And, what I'd put together for Lady Shoniwa myself...

American Apparel bodysuit and shades, M.A.C. eyeshadow, Modern Vintage Belleza Shoes, Robert Rodriquez sequin jacket, Urban Outfitters hat, Alexis Bittar giant necklace.

Til Later,

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such astonishing style, that one.

daughterofmartha said...

Nothing is more refreshing than a person who reinvents themselves every morning. I recently bought a hat similar to the urban one. I shopped them through Ebates.com where I received cash back on my purchase

Eyeliah said...

Really was getting to be a good fan, but then got annoyed when they cancelled a concert I bought tickets for here in Van, said they would reschedule and then never did. :-( But yes, her style is awesome.

ELM said...

Allison: Thanks for the suggestion! I'll check it out!

Eyeliah: What a bummer!! I would be very annoyed indeed... ;)