Monday, May 25, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Everybody! I hope you are relishing your long weekends as much as I am mine.


We picked up this cute little grill-for-two at a garage sale last weekend; we think it's from the 1930s or so.

To me, there is nothing more summery than Ambrosia (some people call it Watergate Salad, but those people have never tasted it). It's super easy to make, and I take it to every potluck and barbecue I go to in the summer.

Just Combine:

1 Can of Crushed Pineapple
1 Small box of Pistachio Pudding Mix
1/2 Cup of Crushed Walnuts
1/2 Tub of Cool Whip
1/2 Bag of Mini Marshmallows
1/2 Cup of Coconut.

It's easiest if you add the pistachio pudding mix to the Cool Whip and Pineapple first, so it gets mixed in thoroughly. Then add everything else-- some people like to put some diced apples or halved grapes in there as well.

Enjoy!

No comments: