Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bewbz.

Image via Trendhunter .

I have to admit that I'm a bit of a freak about boobs. I think they are powerful and great to look at, and spend way too much time covered up by clothing. For those of you who are not yet ready to play for the "skins" team, this piece of lingerie designed by a student at Parsons and shown in their 2009 show could be your sartorial toe in the water.

Boobs are on my mind today because I found out over this weekend that my mom's breast cancer has returned after 3 years of remission... this time lining the inside of her chest cavity.

What I'd like to pass on to you is what I've learned through her ordeal; that breasts can be a limited time engagement-- so enjoy them while they last. My mom's the type who's breast philosophy would be this: "Who cares what kind of boobs you have? If you're young and you got hot boobs, show 'em to somebody!"

So, because breasts are beautiful, rare, ephemeral, and make people happy, I invite you today to flash somebody. Really. There's really nothing more you can do to better understand how great boobs, your boobs are, and how much they deserve your personal respect and care.

5 comments:

Amber said...

That was a fantastic post. I hope that your mother's cancer goes, it's terrible to hear that especially over Mother's Day weekend.
On a lighter note I really dont see why boobs are such a big deal. I love mine and I feel more grateful to have them.
Love and good karma

Anonymous said...

Oh, doll, I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll be sending all my positive vibes her way ... and I promise to flash someone today in her and your honor.

Jaydubs said...

Your mom's philosophy sounds pretty spot-on. I'm so sorry to hear that the cancer is back (my dad is a prostate cancer survivor himself), but it sounds like your mom, like you, is pretty badass, which I think can only bode well for her.

Eyeliah said...

I am so sorry, your mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

ELM said...

Thanks all for your kind comments... I'm definitely benefitting from your positive vibes!