Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Fishing and spooning.

I would like to take a moment to thank everyone who commented on my previous post... your positive vibes are very much appreciated.

Also earning a slot in the "making Elissa happy" lineup is everything about Fischerspooner. I tripped upon their 2007 Coachella performance on cable.



I have to admit that ordinarily I don't love watching live shows, televised or otherwise, for a few reasons.

Reason 1: I have very sensitive hearing, and over-amplified music hurts like hell.
Reason 2: I never get over the uncomfortableness of being squashed up against people who are just staring straight ahead. I'd like to get my dance on, but only if everyone else does, too.
Reason 3: Most shows are boring. No dancing, no pyrotechnics, no puppetry. This is why I will always regard the GWAR show I saw one Halloween on a whim to be one of my favorite. Giant, barfing toilet puppets, go-go dancing death nymphs, and fountains of fake blood shooting out onto the audience all add up to quality and value on my entertainment dollar.

But I digress...

Fischerspooner looks good, sounds good, and feels good too. Although they seem to be hater-magnets, I'm convinced that their caliber of ferocity can't help but stoke fires of jealousy among the severely uncool. Studded baseball bat? Want. Football jersey kimono? Must-have.



At the end of the month, I'm seeing their last show (in Cincinnati) before they leave the country. Hooray!

No comments: