Thursday, October 2, 2008

Don't puck with this ice president!

My theory is this: Sarah Palin is the kind of vice presidential candidate you get in this era of reality television. We all need a "WTF?" character; the Election Show isn't complete without a "Miz" or Puck. Remember when Paris Hilton was a villainess? She got a show and people got to know her, and now I think it's fair to say that most people kinda like her, or at least don't mind her. We don't think she's smart, or moral, or humble but gosh darn it folks she makes great television!

"Folks, those who ignore the past are doomed tah... doomed tah... well darn it if I don't know what they're doomed tah do--- Energy! Mavericks! Putin's Head, gosh darn it!"

In other news, today ranks pretty high up there. I presented my first project (a collaboration with the lovely and talented Kate) in my CAD fashion design class, and it went over pretty fantastically (probably the black, white and pink tweed named "Neigh-politan Ice Cream" is what did it). Inspired by The Clothes Horse's post on designer My Little Ponies, we did a collection of separates for 3-5 year olds called Pegasus Park based on these 2:



Although if I did an adult collection, I'd probably base them off these (totally frack-tabulously awesome) ponies by Aikarin and Mari Kasurinen:







...but I digress.

Folks! You have 4, count 'em 4 days to register to vote! Folks in Ohio! You can vote early, starting today. When you vote early, you get a paper ballot (no mysterious lack of machines or broken ones) and a receipt of how you voted; a less-crowded voting experience, and no guesswork about where you're supposed to go to vote.

No comments: