Monday, March 23, 2009

I'm Official.

As of yesterday, I'm officially a college graduate -- and the first lady in my family to be one! The night before evolved from a small affair to a larger one...


A few newer friends...

A few older friends...

And one of my two brothers as bartender (the drink of the evening was Three Olives Grape and Ginger Ale). Another of my favorite recipes? 2 parts vodka, 1 part amaretto, 1/2 part triple sec and a splash of ginger. I call it Granny's Drawer Smell.

..And of course, my sweetay. One of my favorite pics from the evening.

The next day, I suffered a bit...

Hmm... yes... catch a falling star... follow my dreams... mmm.... dreams....



But I loved every minute of the day. Listen to the man at the Indian restaurant when he tells you what the day's special is, then order it. We relaxed to a podcast afterward about sleep. At one point in the show, they spoke about how you can practice something all day, but it is when you sleep that your mind works on it the most so that you can return to your pursuit the next day with greater skill than the day before. I felt then, that I am truly free to begin anything.

First on the list? A new book. It's been a long time since I've had time to read a book for pleasure, and I'm beginning with Truman Capote's "In Cold Blood".

What are you reading lately? If you had time (or if you do), what something new have you been wanting to pick up?

.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG I'm so excited for you!!!!!!!! Humongous congrats, beautiful. You're just beginning your journey to rock stardom, I know it!

megan said...

Congratulations! Have fun reading your book! During school I had no time to read books, I need to get back into it!

megan / http://mallratcouture.blogspot.com

Eyeliah said...

Yes~ Congratulations!

H's Blog said...

Congrats! I love the name of your blog, your apartment, and your approach to life! I'm not much of a commenter but I read often! I'm really into travelogues/biographies lately. "Lipstick Jihad" by Azadeh Moaveni is a really interesting way to understand Iran's cultural crisis, terrorism, history, etc with a fun girly spin.

Unknown said...

woooo hooo! congrats

ELM said...

Sal: Thank you!!! You lifted my spirits with your kind comment!!!

Megan: Thank you! And I certainly hope to-- though I haven't quite started yet. I kinda want to start a book club. New blog?

Eyeliah-- Thanks, dear girl!

H's Blog: Thank you so much for the kind comment! Lipstick Jihad sounds pretty good--- visited your blog and noticed you dig on Persepolis as well, which I loved too! Maybe L.J. will be my next book?

Danielle: Thank you!

Missa said...

Congrats! Oh it's such a wonderful feeling isn't it... complete freedom, I remember it well!