Thursday, February 25, 2010

What steel wool and roman candles have in common...


I am certainly not a stranger to the art of light-writing, but Dana of Twin Cities Brightest has taken it to a whole, other level. 

 

Singing in the rain-- of showering sparks... most of his images are created with sparklers, roman candles, and ignited steel wool swung at the end of a string.




 




There is an awesome DIY tutorial here.  I have a hankering to do an outfit photo like this, but methinks my array of non-flammable clothing is sorely lacking... 

Feeling sparkly,

Elissa.

4 comments:

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anthea said...

Fantastic photos!

Eyeliah said...

Oh so cool! Hey did you know your pictures don't show up in google reader anymore?

ELM said...

Thanks, and... oh no! I had no idea... I'll get to work on that... thanks for telling me!