Saturday, June 13, 2009

Sick (like cool, but also like ill).

So, maybe I do need to get all those vitamin supplements, post-workout drinks and protein bars that P90-X shills because after 5 weeks of working out super-hard 6 days a week, I am run-down! Therefore, I am hunkered down on our electric teal couch with a 32 oz bottomless mug of diet root beer and a laptop-full of Foto Decadent.

Here, my immediate favorite find of the day, a David LaChapelle shoot with a Cher-tastic Christina Aguilera for Vogue Italia in 2003.




If I were getting married in winter, this would be my inspirational photo.





If I weren't so attached to my current blog header, I would probably replace it with this image of Christina Aguilera as the Patron Saint of the Spandex Pony.

When I see this photo, "Age of Aquarius/Let the Sunshine In" goes through my head.

Hey! Leave me a comment (or two) for me to warm myself by during this extended cold. I really do love them, and they're just the thing to restore a girl's spring in her step.

Yours,

Elissa.

7 comments:

emily said...

who would love to be the "patron saint of the spandex pony"?? i do like your header now, though.

Charlie said...

Wow - I looked straight at the photos then read the text didn't even realize it was Christina at first. I can see how you would be tempted to replace the header with that last shot though, hope you feel better!

Spandexpony said...

Emily: Thanks!

Charlie: Thanks and I do now! Glad Xtina got rid of that wretched nose ring though, ha!

The Clothes Horse said...

The colors are so intense in these.

Eyeliah SS said...

crazy photos!

Spandexpony said...

Yeah, I kind of wish more things looked like these photos; like my kitchen perhaps??? Would anyone here shop at a home decor place called Liberace? I know I would!

wedding dresses said...

Thanks for sharing this with all of us. Every girl has her most beautiful moment in the life just when you wear your own wedding dresses in your wedding.You can visit our wedding dress shop.Cheap wedding dresses have good quality. You can find ball gown wedding dresses,mother of the bride dresses,mermaid wedding dresses,flower girl dresses,strapless wedding dresses,a line wedding dresses,plus size wedding dresses,column wedding dresses,beach wedding dresses,empire wedding dresses,tea length wedding dresses,bridesmaid dresses,cocktail dresses,evening dresses,prom dresses your dream. Get your wedding dress in our bridal shop. Finally,I hope you have a happy wedding.